Introduction of Idea Proposal
1. The Entire Process of Idea proposal
The process of acceptance, verification, and use of idea proposal
The entire process
Prepare the proposal form.
- Materials explaining the idea
- Technology development and commercialization plan
(Within 2 weeks)
- Review of proposal requirements
- Review of related technologies and how to use it
(Within 3 weeks)
Document and presentation evaluation
Registration, use, and support of ideas
Use of ideas
- To be adopted as an idea for research and technology start up
2. Idea proposal and Acceptance
Requirements of Idea proposal
- Domestic and overseas private company (creative one-man business, venture, and SME), Government-funded research institute, local government's research institute, related academic society and association, ordinary citizen, etc.
Areas of proposal
- Ideas for technical solution of the pending urban problems of Seoul (system, software, equipment device, construction method, technique, and materials, etc.)
Requirements of Idea proposal
- TRL Level 5 or lower technology
Procedures for Application of Ideas
Procedures for Acceptance
- Make an application in the 'Idea proposal' menu of the homepage (www.seoul-tech.com).
- Besides the essential documents, attached the related parts in the rest of the documents.
- The forms of the attached documents can be downloaded at the time of entering the idea proposal or from the archives.
Notification of result of screening for acceptance
- Send a notification of the completion of acceptance of the idea to the proposer (via SMS or e-mail).
3. Preliminary Review
Outline of Preliminary Review
- Reviewing if the object of proposal is disqualified due to lack of formal requirement by checking the area of application of the technology, appropriateness of the evidentiary materials such as patent, thesis, and report
Items to Review in the Application Documents
- Overlapped technology and invasion of intellectual property rights
- Classification of area of idea application (category in technical classification system, related department in the city government and user organization)
- Review of submitted evidentiary materials such as patent, thesis, and report
- Track record of idea application (commercialization, performance of related research projects, etc.)
- Check the authenticity of the attached documents.
Notification of the Review Results
- Notify the results of preliminary review of the documents to the proposer. (via SMS or e-mail)
※ The period of the preliminary review is a maximum of 2 weeks, but the period may be extended if it is absolutely necessary. If it is extended, the proposer will be notified of the expected period.
4. Idea Evaluation (document and presentation evaluation)
Outline of Idea Evaluation
- The suggested idea will be classified into the idea for research or the idea for start up by evaluating the possibility of commercialization of the idea, the possibility of using the idea for a research project, etc. through the presentation of the idea by the proposer.
Composition of the Judges
- The Evaluation Committee will be composed of 5 outside experts for each proposal.
- At least 4 out of the 5 judges are needed for effective document and face-to-face evaluation respectively.
- Presentation (10 minutes) of the contents of the idea proposal by the proposer and Q&A (20 minutes)
- Each specific review item will be scored according to the evaluation criteria.
※ Average score of the written opinions of the members of the Evaluation Committee (excluding the highest and the lowest scores)
- The suggested idea will be classified into one of the idea for research, the idea for start up and a disqualified idea by the results of the document and presentation evaluation.
- The Evaluation Committee meeting will be convened within three weeks after the preliminary review and the results will be notified promptly.
Check the results of evaluation.
- It is possible to see the results of the idea evaluation (document presentation evaluation) in the ‘Detail of Idea proposal’ in My Page (and download the review opinion on each process).
- Possible to make a proposal again after complementing and improving it according to the review opinions.
※ The preliminary review will be ‘exempted’ if a proposal is made again after complementing the idea and the concerned written opinion is attached.
Criteria for Review
Evaluation Item detail
|Degree of Completion
|Appropriateness for the Policy Administration of Seoul
||Appropriateness for User Organization
- Track record of already performed research project or commercialization
- Commercialization capacity and will of the proposer